You ever have one of those days when it comes time to start picking up the phone and you’re sure it weights a hundred pounds. Well this morning is like that for me.
Thing is I know if I don’t pick up the phone and cold call, my business will dry up, but worst than that, I will not achieve my goals and that is something I can not accept.
Then you start to question, “why” in the first place. That comes down to really what it is you want to achieve. When setting goals most do so by stating a number value. I call those types “quantity goals” because they are easy to measure and are based on a volume. The goals that really answer the question “why” for me are what I refer to as “quality goals” which are difficult to measure but are set in value. A value based on contribution.
So when my day starts as today does, I look to what I contribute and I understand why I must cold call.
“I simple help people do what they already are doing, better, by solving problems that can make the difference in their life’s, careers and business, between success and failure.”
One of my favourite quotes is "It is our attitude at the beginning of a task which, more than anything else, will affect it's outcome."
Have a great day calling and remember think about how you can help someone today.
John
There are 100's of ways to be good at cold calling. Now there is an easy way to be "GREAT"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe it's not your favourite selling technique now, but when you know how to approach new potential prospects over the phone with the goal of establishing a relationship with them the right way, cold-calling can become your go-to method of bringing new business into your professional services company. Once you can successfully cold call, you can accomplish anything else in selling. It’s like bench-pressing 300 pounds and then cutting back to 100.
No comments:
Post a Comment